The Eco-Clamshell program evaluation surveys went out one week from today and there has been a great response. I have received over 100 completed surveys from currently enrolled program members. The responses to the other two surveys (people who signed up but never enrolled, and people not at all involved in the program) are surprisingly low. I expected a very low number of responses from the people not involved in the program, but for some reason, I received a greater number of responses from uninvolved people, than I did from people who were initially signed up, but never enrolled. I only received 3 responses from the unenrolled people and 16 from the uninvolved people. This week I have been working on reading through the survey responses and the huge number of comments and suggestions. I have identified a few reoccuring problems that have been mentioned in several of the survey responses.
The main problems are :
-Cleaning the containers before returning them
-Losing/forgetting the tokens
-Problems getting or returning a container during crowded times
The most mentioned problem was the problem of having to wash the containers before returning them for a token. This issue is not just a problem of convenience, but it is also a problem with facilities. Many of the residence halls are not equipped with sinks that can handle food disposal. This issue has also been mentioned by faculty in the program. They also don't have an appropriate place to wash their containers. As mentioned in a previous post, there does not seem to be an easy way to fix this problem until the program is open to the whole campus. I intend to research the systems used by other schools to try to help find a solution to this problem that I can propose to Campus Dining.
No comments:
Post a Comment