Thursday, October 14, 2010
Program Evaluation
This week I have been researching Eco-Clamshell programs at different schools to investigate how they implemented the program. I stumbled upon a report created by Audrey Copeland, an alumna of Eckerd College who invented the Eco-Clamshell. She created this report to help other schools set up Eco-Clamshell programs at other school. She outlines 5 key steps in the process of implementing the program: Meet with Key Individuals, Choose a System of Accountability, Purchase Containers, Implement and Grow Program, and Evaluate Program (Audrey Copeland, "Eco-Clamshell Handbook" 2009). We have successfully completed all of the steps except for evaluation, which is my next plan of action. I have decided to create three different surveys and do face-to-face interviews. One survey will be for current members. One will be for people who were accepted into the program but never enrolled, and one will be for people who never signed up. The goal of this survey is to get input from people inside and outside of the program. I hope to receive information on how we can improve the program, what we are doing well on, and how we can make the program more attractive to those not currently involved. I will conduct interviews with the dining hall staff to see if there are any problems, concerns, or suggestions on how to make the program more effective from their side.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment